3/13/10

More on the entry from yesterday

Yesterday I posted a link to Yaoi World after stumbling upon the site only to learn it was closing down, due to--well--craziness. I posted a link here on my blog so people could read the craziness for themselves. I feel I should have left some type of explanation because the entry itself can be very confusing unless you know the history of "Kira Takenouchi". And if you don't it'll take some time on google to unravel the whole thing. Below is a summary of who Kira Takenouchi is ganked from this website:

Kira Takenouchi is a controversial American yaoi author best known for her Ai no Kusabi-based doujinshi yaoi novel series, Taming Riki, which gained a worldwide following in the ever-growing underground yaoi movement when Takenouchi chose to sell her doujinshi series through the book publisher Yaoi Underground after seeking and receiving the approval of Ai no Kusabi copyright owner DMP/June. Despite receiving the green light to publish Taming Riki by DMP/June, Takenouchi has been denounced for selling the popular trilogy by critics who say she is profiting from another author's work. The book series is now being published by Yaoi House.

Takenouchi's books are extremely sexually graphic, depicting male/male (yaoi) sex, and have been banned in Singapore and Thailand.

The controversy continued in the spring of 2008 when Takenouchi, who suffers from severe bipolar disorder, abandoned her company Yaoi house while in a delusional mania state, leaving customers, investors, and authors to pick up the pieces. Takenouchi has since returned to the company and continues to generate censure for retaining the title of President, despite her now well-known mental condition.

This info, plus a bit more digging, helped make a lot of that crazy blog entry make sense. I mean, after searching the site it was quite obvious it wasn't a "yaoi" site, but one dedicated to Ai no Kusabi, which had me questioning it's motives before I moved onto the blog. The who debacle made me wonder if anyone actually took the site seriously. And, lol, wow, she interviewed herself and everything.

Anyway, tomorrow ends my daily updates. I want to apologize for some of the entries. Toward the end of my break I realized it would be a good idea to do my homework, so I wasn't able to devote too much time to each entry. I do have a bunch of ideas I'm slowly fleshing out and will hopefully see the light of day soon.

No comments: