8/23/09

Sukitomo

Last night my mom asked me to put a movie on, so I rummaged through my computer to find something she hasn't seen. I came across Sukitomo and remembered I had downloaded it from a BL website. So, I'm like, BL tonight, yay!

No. No yay. Because this movie is not BL. This is a story about a girl dealing with her feelings for her brother. Yes, her brother's best friend is in love with him, but the focus of the movie isn't on their relationships. We follow the little sister to school where she waits to here good news about her brother's boxing match, into her room where she complains about Yoshiki and makes a confession to her friend, and to the boxing ring where she cheers her brother, Tomokazu, on. Yoshiki does get a few moments here and there and we get one of those "oh noes I must protect you by throwing my body on top of you, oh, hello thar" scenes, but everything will inevitably lead back to the sister. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but you know how when you're expecting something to taste one way and than you get thrown off because it ends up being something completely different? That off kilter feeling can be a bit off putting.

Okay, there was no real boy/boy lovin' in this movie but snatches of it, so how did the movie fair overall? Sukitomo is every shoujo cliche tied up and wrapped with a bow. So, if you like seeing something you've seen a hundred times before, then go watch this on youtube right now! You'll love it! But everyone else might want to pass on this. Aside from the eye candy that is Saito Takumi, this movie is forgettable.

No comments: