4/28/09

Yaoish Newsy Stuff -Edition 2-

Deux Sale ends in 2 days
That's right, April 30th is the end of the $5 sale over at the Deux website. If you haven't already done so go ahead and check out their wares. Scroll down a little and you'll see the titles I recommend.

Y!Gallery
Lots of little improvements over at ygal. I think a few people will be happy about the new Robotics tag. But I understand how new filters can be annoying for those who have to go back and edit their entries. There's always that one jerk who will flag a picture instead of kindly telling the artist they've yet to apply the proper filter. So, go forth robot lovers and edit your pics before that jerk comes along.

My favorite change at Y! thus far? The new status icons. Wooooo, so shiny and sleek.

Jpqueen
If you browse and shop at Jpqueen you've noticed the new account page. But what is really cool is that they've instituted a point system. What Jpqueen did in the past was give you a ten dollar coupon for every ten reviews you gave. Now you earn points not only when you write a review for a product you purchased but also when you purchase an item you were looking for. Speaking of looking for items Jpqueen has added a form for those items that have never appeared on their website but you desperately want to find. They use to have something similar to this form in the past but they took it down for some reason. So, for all you people who have been searching for Hajime no Ippo doujinshi go and fill out that form! I know jpqueen tends to wait until they receive certain things from people who don't want their manga/doujin/or whatever anymore, but if there is a great demand for something maybe they'll actively search for it.

And, wow, I totally missed this...
It seems there's going to be a yaoi convention in the Midwest. Bishie Con will take place November 20-22nd in St. Louis MO. They have a couple of guest lined up and a few activities. Things will, of course, get more fleshed out as they draw closer to the event. But so far nothing has really caught my eye. That doesn't mean I wouldn't support them. If I still lived in Missouri you better believe I would have purchased my ticket already. I'm all about supportin' da fandom, baby.

No comments: