4/11/09

Yaoish Newsy Stuff -Edition 1-

I'm pretty sure by now everyone knows about the Deux sale. In case you missed it somehow here's the link to the info page. I don't have to tell you that five dollars is an awesome price for a yaoi manga. Also, orders are open to fans outside the US. Yeah. Great sale. You know it, I know it, and your mom knows it. In case you're not sure what to get here are the titles I recommend:

Title: Lovers and Souls
Creator: Miyamoto Kano
Deux Page with summary and previews

Title: Say Please
Creator: Miyamoto Kano
Deux Page with summary and previews

Title: Future Lovers
Creator: Saika Kunieda
My Review
Deux Page with summary and previews

Title: Future Lovers Vol. 2
Creator: Saika Kunieda
Deux Page with summary and previews

You can't go wrong with Miyamoto Kano and Saika Kunieda. The sale ends April 30th. I know things are really tight for a lot of people now, but it would be great if we can help Deux weather this storm. Especially since they were awesome enough to give us comics by Saika Kunieda and Miyamoto Kano.

There's been a mod change over at Yaoi Gallery. For me, the biggest news are a few of the little tweaks made to the site. I cannot tell you how happy it makes me that there's now a "marked all as viewed" button in submissions. Submissions pile up so fast if you don' t log in for a few days and then you have to sit and wade through them little by little. Such a tedious task. So thank you yaoi gallery for this much needed improvement.

If you're a Bleach fan Pandabaka over at DeviantArt is selling a few doujinshi. Go check out her page for previews and info. She also has a couple of the KakaIru anthology left. The sale of the doujin ends April 15th. Only a few days left!

And I don't know how I forgot that Tanaka Suzuki's book, Love Hurts (that title hurts me >_<), was released this month. Get it for the story dealing with a boy and his crush on a girl who is obsessed with aliens. I know, not BL, but to be totally honest, it's the best story in the book.

Speaking of Tanaka Suzuki, did you check out her cover for Be-Boy last month. Suzuki's cover art is usually a hit or miss (mostly misses, though), and that one was a total miss. Sorry, Suzuki! This months cover was drawn by Shino Natsuho. Also, Yoneda Kou is in this volume. You're probably familiar with her doujinshi work if you're a fan of Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Or maybe you've read the DP scanlations of her manga, Doushitemo Furetakunai, (I ownz it). Either way, you know she writes great stories, so no doubt this one will be just as awesome.

And, wow, I see this pairing very super rarely.

No comments: