6/12/10

Waaaaant....or maybe not.

Found this gem while looking up on Sakira:


Ryo Mutobe! For me, she's one of those automatic purchases. If she made it and it's BL or yaoi--I want it. So off to Jpqueen I went. I was excited to discover they had a copy. They also had this lovely preview up:


I then scrolled up and saw this:


WTF indeed. The price caught me off guard because it's more than double the original price (680). Jpqueen usually charges a bit more for all their purchases, I know. But this is quite the increase. Look, this is what I paid for a new yaoi manga in 2008:


This was the usual one would expect to pay for a yaoi manga from Jpqueen around that time and before. Some people may wonder why I'm making such a big deal since BL manga in the US goes for about 13-17 dollars, depending on the publisher. The key difference is shipping. If I buy this and ship EMS I'd have to pay 33 dollars. There are other shipping options: air, sea, SAL, all cheaper but with no tracking. I could take a chance and ship it without EMS...

There's also the whole thing where I feel like Jpqueen just charges too much in general. In Japan used manga usually goes for about 1-5 dollars. Jpqueen seems to slap an extra 3-4 onto used manga and I don't understand why this is done. I guess I could understand if they were relying purely on sales from outside of Japan. However, I don't know. And I guess not knowing makes me hesitant to rush into making a purchase.

If I'm lucky some store like Akadot Retail will someday have a few copies for sale. Until then I think I'll hold off on this purchase. If someone out there is willing to cough up the dough you can purchase the manga here. If it's not there it may be because I somehow talked myself into getting it. Maybe...maybe...

Woooooo, cliffhanger!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the title of this manga?

Affinity said...

Retsujou -Dakitai Otoko Dakaretai Otoko.