3/18/09

He Blinded Me With Sparkly Love

The latest chapter of Hajime no Ippo is up at One Manga. Go. Read. Now. I don't want to spoil anything for you fans, so I'll keep my mouth shut. I will say I am quite happy with this chapter. Ippo finally verbalizes why he maintains his crazy obsession with Miyata. He even shows signs of being a masochist (read page 12). This chapter is also successful in killing whatever yaoi-ish thoughts the anime impressed upon me. I'm not saying you can't slash Ippo and Miyata. Please, do, have at it! But I can't because Ippo's love, in my opinion, is too pure. I just can't see him ever crossing over to the land of sex with Miyata. But Sendo/Ippo, now that's something I can work with.

Also, sorry for the lack of updates. Right now there's a loll in my school work, so hopefully they will become a bit more frequent. I need to make up for all the KakaIru Love-Love Tuesdays I missed. If this Friday remains free (and with my current luck that is doubtful) I'll be able to catch up.

No comments: