12/29/08

BL anime announcments thus far

So here's what we have to look forward to in 2009:

Hey! Class President by Kaori Monchi. There's not a lot of information available so far other than PrimeTime will be in charge of production.

Sex Pistols by Tarako Kotobuki. This will be a two volume OVA.

Last, but certainly not least, a remake of Ai no Kusabi, by Rieko Yoshihara. This will be 13 volumes and released fall of '09.

I'm excited about Ai no Kusabi and Sex Pistols. Sex Pistols has always been one of my favorite boys love manga. The plot is very interesting and unique. If you haven't read this manga you might want to snatch up a few volumes before the anime is released. The one I'm least excited about would have to be Hey! Class President. The first and only manga I ever read from this creator was Imadoki no Shishunki (Awakening Puberty). I wasn't a big fan of the story or the art so I pretty much avoided any of her other work. But maybe this will be like Junjou, where a scoffed at it before it was released but ended up watching it and falling in love.

Source: ANN

1 comment:

BlackGargie said...

OMG!!! Remake of Ai no Kusabi?? I've got the original version and it seriously rocked! I shat bricks watching this!!! Just kidding. But seriously a remake?? Wow! I must get it!! Is it out already??