1/17/09

Fun With Hunks

If you're a fan of Masanori, the bara artist, then you probably know about his game Hunks Workshop. Although I happen to be one of those fans, I stayed away from his visual novel after playing the tedious Silver Chaos. Don't get me wrong, SC was fun my first time through(even if I did end up with the Priest and not Lawrence), but then it just gets boring having to fast-foward through scene after scene just so you can be rewarded with hawt sex. So, basically SC's sex scene's just weren't worth it (excluding the Prince and Might, gu-huh, so delish and the ending, so cute). But since I prefer bara guys to BL guys, I thought I'd give HWS a try and ended up playing through the trial provided at the Future Games website.

In HWS you play some lazy loser who goes to work as a manager at your uncle's all purpose business, Body and Soul (sound's like the title to an r&b album XD).
Upon arrival you meet the staff one by one:

Itsuki and Kazushi show up first. Itsuki seems like the carefree bubbly type whereas I'm guessing Kazushi is suppose to be the blond bombshell. I don't know what kind of job allows a man to walk around with his shirt open like that, but, hey, I ain't complainin' :P. But despite the nice view neither of the two have perked my interest. Next up is:

Daisen, I bet, is there for those people who have a glasses fetish. He's okay, but his hand seems to be eternally stuck to the back of his head. Poor guy. Still, I'm not intrigued, but then he showed up:

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winn~ah! Kengo is ooey gooey sex on a stick and I wants me a helpin'! For all you yaoi fangirls who haven't read any bara, I bet Kengo looks like a seme to you, right? Well, he isn't! Isn't bara wonderful?

Now, some of you are probably saying, "hey, games shouldn't just be about sex, they should also be about doing...stuff...stuff other then sex". Well, for all you stuff lovers you are made to put your managing skills to the test as you divide up the task between the guys. What I liked about this section is if you're not clear about what to do you get to choose which guy you want to explain it too you. Can ya guess whose sexy voice I chose to listen to?

Yes, Kengo, teach me, teach me good.

Now that I semi understand what the heck I'm suppose to be doing it's time to assign everyone to their job:
I made Kengo wash cars and his sorry butt ended up not making a lot of money. I should have assigned Kazushi to car washing duties. Quite obviously his exposed chest is just askin' to suds up cars. And, no, I have no idea what the heck that rose is for. Yes, I should've busted out my kanji book and translated all the words I couldn't understand.

Overall, I enjoyed playing this little trial game. I absolutely loved Kengo's voice (I have a thing for deep voices, but then, who doesn't), even if his sex voice is horrific. Seriously, go here and click on Kengo and you will hear one of the worst sounding sexual performances ever. I liked Itsuki's sex voice the best.

Anyway, if anyone's interested you can purchase the game here at Rainbow Shoppers. I really enjoyed the trial so I'm seriously thinking about setting myself back about 100 dollars. Japan, why are you so expensive?! If anything, give the trial a run through and have some fun. And be sure to check out Masanori's website for news and art.

Wow, this was a long entry. I think I deserve a drink, don't you? And drinks are always best with company.

Kanpai!

No comments: